Hello dear participants!
As new, exciting and fabulous tours are about to start, me,Reggie and Mavie feel like we should set some new guidelines and rules concerning the tours. We had and still have a really hard time organising the previous tours and keeping track of the books and we want to make it a little easier for us and of course you, as the tours will run more smoothly. Mind you, many of the previous tours got canceled and regrettably so, because there where a lot of people who wanted to read the books and they either got lost in the mail or participants just stopped caring.So, I hope with the new rules, everything will be settled and we could have a little bit more fun and a little bit less worrying. :)
Here we go:
- Before you sign up for any tours, you must fill out the Sign Up Form and provide us with your personal info(home address,email etc)
- Tracking number is mandatory from now own.Every participant must provide one when they send a book to the next person in line.However, if your country's post doesn't support it or you have to pay extra for it, you are not obligated to provide one.You should ask your local post office about that.
- People who are not willing or able to ship internationally, cannot participate! IBT is all about International tours and people who cannot get their hands on ARCs any other way.It is very important to them and so it's very important to us.We always try to group people from the same country together but at some point, you just have to send the book to someone who is not from your country, especially if you participate in many of the tours.There are a lot of US and Canadian residents - only tours you can participate, if you are not willing to pay for international shipping, which is completely understandable.
- Participants must send me an email telling me the day the received the book and the day it was sent out.I just cannot ask each one of you separately if you received it or shipped it, or check your In My Mailbox posts each week!It's unbelievably time -consuming and unnecessary. It only takes a second, you guys!
- The time each participant is allowed to have the book in his/her possession and send it to the next person is 7 days.I think 7 days is more than enough as a lot of people can read two, sometimes three books a week.Of course, there can be a time extension if a personal problem occurs(we are human,after all!) but then the book MUST be sent to the next person in line.
READ THE TOUR RULES BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THE TOURS. It is very crucial you read, follow, and cooperate with IBT rules.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!